Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Year's Resolution : More Blog Entries For This Year

Yes, I know. This site has been eerily silent for more than two weeks already. The last entry was made last December 22, 2011 yet. No wonder it feels like it has been a year since.

I have not been gone really. I was just, uhm, in hibernation. You see, the cold holidays brought about that indolent streak in me. Since our last day for the year 2011 at TLCM LAW FIRM was on December 23, 2011, I was actually on vacation mode from December 24, 2011 until we reported back on January 2, 2012.

At the back of my mind, I justified the hiatus – as lawyers are apt to conjure a reason or two on anything under the sun – that the essence of the holidays is to "rest," as if blogging were some office work. I let the days roll by, doing, well, random vacation stuff (read: nothing).

I know, I know. It is a lame reason not to post anything. Being on vacation would have immensely helped in enriching the contents of this site.  I could have accumulated additional entries, if only to convince Google AdSense that this whole "blawgging" thing is some serious business. But what can I do? What the mind can conceive, the body cannot always achieve.

So among my resolutions this year – aside from the perennial "having a healthier lifestyle" (read: lesser booze, more exercise and a healthier diet) – is to write at least two entries per week for this blog, “Musings on Law.” That should be apart from at least two other entries for my other blog, “Philippine Constitutional Law Digests”.

After all, there are so many things I can write about, if only I will myself to really get started, then go on, and on, without "lying low" for extended periods of time. I know time is neutral, but it can be unkind to those who procrastinate, like I am apt to sometimes do.

I reiterate my resolve now: I shall make at least two entries per week in this blog. And I am starting NOW, with this maiden entry for the year 2012. I will be writing another entry for this week soonest. Then there is next week. And the week after next. And the week after that. And the week after... And the next... And the... And... Zzzz...

No, it would not help thinking too far off into the next succeeding days. I’ll just take this self-imposed undertaking an entry at time. Human frailty is sometimes stronger than some knee-jerk New Year’s resolution.

But yes, I again promise to make the next entry soonest. Then the next. Then the one after. No kidding. I am an honest lawyer. (No oxymoron intended.) The next entry soonest. Yes, again, no kidding there. (",)

No comments:

Post a Comment